- This event has passed.
Year 6 – Peer Peacekeeping training
September 28 @ 5:00 pm - September 29 @ 4:00 pm
Peer Peacekeeping Training Session
- WHO: Year Six Students
- WHAT: Training for students on how to be objective and empathetic as they learn to mediate conflict between their peers and younger students in the school.
- WHERE: 742 Waterloo Street. Students will walk together from the bus, upon their return from Stratford on September 28, to the Junior High building, where they will sleep over on Thursday and spend the day on Friday. Students will then be walked over to the Elementary building for regular dismissal Friday. ** Since the students will be at Stratford on Thursday the 28, we suggest that they bring their overnight items to the bus prior to going to Stratford. One of the Upper Elementary teachers will walk the students over to Junior High to store their items.
- WHEN: Thursday, September 28 from 5:00 pm until Friday, September 29 at 4:00 pm
In order to thoroughly train students in this process and develop a sense of trust and camaraderie, we hold this training over a two-day concentrated period. This successfully trains the students in a short time frame. We have chosen a Thursday evening and Friday to minimize the intrusion on students’ personal time on weekends.
Note: Students may only act as Peer Peacekeepers after completing the full training session.
All meals are provided. Students need to bring the following:
- Sleeping bags, pillow, pyjamas, toiletries, small towel, warm clothes for outside on Thursday evening and a change of clothes for Friday.
- Completed permission form by Monday, September 25.
If you have any questions, please contact any one of the Peer Peacekeeper teachers below.
Roxanne Gianelli, Susan Donaghy, Amanda Pilon, Rob Loebach and Janet Anderson