We love our Parent Volunteers!
We are truly grateful for the time, energy and enthusiasm that our Parent Volunteers give as active members of our community. There are plenty of ways to get involved with our school community. Some of our Parent Volunteer opportunities are listed below – if you can help us, please contact Sara Heald at email@example.com or your child’s classroom.
- Hot Lunch Helpers – Assist with shopping for our Casa students; Help our Elementary students prepare and serve lunch in their classrooms.
- Drivers – Provide transportation for Upper Elementary and Junior High students to afterschool sports activities and games at other schools.
- Parent Reps – Provide assistance to teachers and parents in your child’s classroom; recruit volunteers to help with various activities such as Hot Lunch, Field Trips; assist with school/social events.
- Chaperones – Provide support to our teachers and supervision of our Casa and Lower Elementary students during field trips.
- Guest Experts – Come in and speak with our Junior High students about various careers; help teachers connect areas of study to real life experiences (e.g. physicians supporting biology dissections, marketing professionals helping students promote Micro-economy, etc.)
- Professional Support – Provide professional support and expert knowledge to our Administration team in various areas.
- 50th Anniversary Celebration – JUNE 2018! – We’re celebrating 50 years of our amazing school! There will be plenty to do leading up to our exciting 50th Anniversary Weekend Celebration on June 1 & 2, 2018. If you’d like to share your skills and time with any of the committees, please complete this Google form; the committee leaders will contact you as planning takes shape.
Police Vulnerable Sector Checks
For the safety of all of our children and in accordance with new regulations, we require family members who volunteer with our students to complete our Volunteer Application and Self-declaration form every school year. Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC) are only required every five years; if you’ve submitted a PVSC since 2012, we ask you to check the self-declaration box on the application form and submit the form to your child’s classroom teacher or Reception. If you need a PVSC, residents of London can apply for one online: London Police Service, Police Background Checks.
Parents who want to provide transportation are asked to submit an Application to Transport MA Students with relevant license and insurance details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a letter from the school to accompany your PVSC application.