2020 Parent Guides and August mailing now online
Dear MA Families,
MA COVID-19 Parent Guides available
We know parents have had many questions about what to expect in September. Our Parent Guides are now available online via the school’s website and the Parent Portal Resource Boards. These guides provide details on procedures, such as staggered drop-off and pick-up times, early and late hours programming, and illness at school. Please read through your guide(s) carefully.
ACTION REQUIRED: We need to ensure that families have read and understand the policies and procedures that will be in place for everyone’s health and safety before your child(ren) can start school in September. Please follow the hyperlink at the end of the guide to complete an Attestation form.
The Attestation must be completed in each guide as applicable to your family. For example: if you have more than one child in our Toddler or Casa programs, you only need to complete the attestation in the Toddler/Casa guide once and name the children and classrooms in the form; if you have a child in Casa and one in Elementary or Junior High, for example, you will need to complete the attestation form in each guide and note each child’s name and classroom in the respective forms.
- Link to the Toddler/Casa MA COVID-19 Parent Guide (PDF)
- Link to the Elementary/Junior High MA COVID-19 Parent Guide (PDF)
Note for Upper El and Junior High parents: You will receive an email this week with information on your child’s group/cohort that are noted in the guide. (Casa and Toddler cohorts are their classrooms.)
August mailing has gone digital
Our annual August mailing is a little thinner than past years because we’ve moved most of the pieces online. They are now available through the MA Parent Portal.
What’s being mailed
Over the next few days, you can expect to receive a postcard for your children from their teachers and a flyer about our Mabel’s Label’s campaign in the mail. Please note that we will require students to have labelled personal belongings this year as part of our COVID procedures. (Our COVID Parent Guides above provide details on these new requirements and procedures.)
What’s moved online
In an effort to reduce paper, our August letters and documents that are required to be returned prior to the start of school are now available on the MA Parent Portal. Please ensure all items are completed or returned (if applicable) by no later than Friday, August 28.
Please follow the instructions below to begin:
1. Login to the MA Parent Portal: https://montessori.myschoolapp.com/
If you do not remember your username and/or password, or are a new family and have not logged onto the portal before, please select ‘Forgot login or first time logging in?’ and follow the instructions to retrieve your username and/or password. Note: Please ensure you are entering the e-mail address we have on file for one of the parents or guardians in your household.
If you experience any issues logging on, please e-mail email@example.com or call the Main Office at 519-433-9121.
2. Submit the Required Online Forms
Once logged in, the forms listed below will be available through the yellow banner at the top of your screen.
- Student Emergency Contacts
- Student Medical Update
- Permissions & Release of Information
- Student & Parent Information Update
To begin, click the yellow banner and select the “Review” button next to any of the listed forms. Once a form has been successfully submitted, it will disappear from your list.
3. Review your August communications through your child’s Classroom Bulletin Board
We’ve moved the August letters from your child(ren)’s teachers online. Follow the steps below to view the August letters, phasing-in schedules and more:
- Select your child’s name in the top left corner of your screen. If you have multiple children enrolled at the school, hover over ‘Children’ to view a drop down list.
- Scroll down to ‘Courses’ and select your child’s homeroom. This will take you to the Classroom Bulletin Board.
iii. Please review all of the information posted on your child’s classroom Bulletin Board. This includes the:
- August Classroom Letter
- Phasing-In Schedules
- Home Visits (Toddler students only)
- 2020 COVID-19 Home Screening Form (Toddler and Casa students only)
- Sunscreen and Skin Cream Permission Form (Toddler and Casa students only)
4. Review Items on the Resource Board
- Click on ‘Resources’ at the top of your screen
- Items available on the Resource Board include:
- September 2020 Return to School Information (including COVID Parent Guides)
- August Mailing 2020-2021 Forms (Medical Forms & Request for Extended Hours)
- Parking Protocols
- Print off and complete any forms applicable to your child(ren) and submit them to the Main Office by August 28, 2020.
FYI: Year at a Glance Calendar dates are on the Portal
The Year at a Glance Calendar dates can now be found on the MA Parent Portal. To view the YAG, select ‘Calendar’ from your home screen. Events are populated in red. If you do not see this, please ensure that 2020-2021 School Year is selected under ‘Year at a Glance’ in the bottom left corner of your screen. We will also provide hard copies of the Year at a Glance Calendar during the first week of school.
Don’t fret if you are delaying your child(ren)’s start to the school year; you can still receive a copy of the printed Year at a Glance Calendar the first week of school! Please contact the Front Desk to arrange to receive a printed calendar: 519-433-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklist of August mailing items
This is a new process and many steps are involved, so please feel free to use this August Mailing 2020 Checklist (PDF) to track the forms that need to be completed or returned to the school by August 28.
If we don’t see you before August 28, we look forward to seeing you in September! If you have any questions, please contact the Main Office at 519-433-9121.