August 2023 Info is ready on the portal
Dear MA Families,
This August Buzz is always a long message, but it replaces a BIG mailing that we used to send home with important information and forms to complete. Please take a few minutes to carefully read through this Buzz, complete the online forms, and review the August letter for your children’s classrooms on the MA Parent Portal.
Because of the renovations taking place at Elementary, we will share another Buzz late in August with any last-minute updates before the first day of school.
ACTION REQUIRED: August information and forms are ready to be reviewed
All items must be reviewed and completed as necessary by Friday, August 25.
1. Login to the MA Parent Portal: https://montessori.myschoolapp.com/
- Enter your email address and click “Next”
- If you are unsure of your password, click “Forgot password?” on the 2nd login screen and follow the prompts
- For security reasons, MA Administration is unable to reset your password for you
2. Review your child’s Classroom Page
This is where you will find your August letter, and the monthly class-specific letters during the school year. We recommend that you bookmark this page for use throughout the year.
- Select your child’s name in the menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Courses’ and select your child’s classroom. This will take you to the classroom page.
- Please review all of the information posted on your child’s classroom page. This includes the:
- August Classroom Letter with Phasing-In Information for students who are new to their level or classroom
- Online Elementary Hot Lunch and Milk Order Form (Year 1 – 6 only)
3. Submit the Online Forms
Please review the following online forms to ensure that all permissions and health information for your child is up-to-date (the yellow banner at the top of your screen).
- Student Medical Update
- Permissions & Release of Information
- Sunscreen & Skin Cream Permission Form (Toddler and Casa)
- Google Apps for Education Agreement (Year 4 – 8)
4. Review your family’s contact information in the Portal
a) To Update Phone Numbers and Email Addresses
- Click your name in the top right corner (desktop) or under the dropdown menu (mobile)
- Click “Profile”
- Click the pencil icon to edit/update phone numbers and email addresses.
- Please ensure that a mobile phone number is listed on your profile in order to receive urgent SMS/text messages and alerts from the school.
b) To Update Student Emergency Contacts
- Click your child’s name in the menu
- Click “Contact Card”
- Under Emergency Contacts, click “Manage Phones”
- Drag and drop existing contacts
- To add a new Emergency Contact, click “Create a new phone number”
5. Review Items on the Resource Board
Click on ‘Resources’ at the top of your screen. Items available on the Resource Board include:
a) School & Medical Forms
If your child has an anaphylactic allergy or medical condition, uses an EpiPen, or takes medication during school hours, please download the applicable forms and submit them to the Main Office. https://montessori.myschoolapp.com/app/parent#resourceboarddetail/22904
b) Parking, Pick-up and Drop-off Protocols
Please review your location’s parking information before the first day of school. We suggest downloading and/or sharing this information with any family members or friends who may pick up your child(ren) during the school year.
c) Extended Hours Registration
Thank you to everyone who has submitted early registration for Extended Hours. Registration for October-June can be completed through the website: https://montessoriacademy.campbrainregistration.com/
d) Elementary Hot Lunch & Milk: September-January (Years 1-6)
Our optional lunch and milk program will start the first day of school, Tuesday, September 5. If you want your child(ren) to receive lunch and milk during the first week, please order through this link before Friday, August 25: https://mahotlunch.campbrainregistration.com/
Payments can be made online, or you can drop into the Main Office to pay by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Apple Pay. If you need assistance with ordering, please contact the Main Office before the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact the Main Office at 519-433-9121. Please note that Summer Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm through Friday, August 25. Regular hours resume Monday, August 28. School starts on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
The MA Administration Team