Elementary Music Teacher
Part-time Choir Director/Elementary Music Teacher (1-year contract)
Are you a dynamic musician and performer who can ignite a passion for music in elementary aged children?
Montessori Academy of London seeks an enthusiastic, highly qualified applicant to teach our students vocal music and movement. This is a part-time Elementary Music teaching opportunity beginning in February 2017 to cover a maternity leave.
- Direct Senior Choir (Grades 4-8), Junior Choir (Grades 2-3) and Grade 1 Choir
- Teach lower elementary music three days a week
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – choir and teaching
- Available on occasional Fridays for staff meetings and professional development
- Help with the school-wide musical in April and other musical performances, such as assemblies and celebrations
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants should have:
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Music
- Experience teaching music and movement to children
- Vocal music and elementary level teaching experience preferred
- Montessori Teaching Certification – preferable, but not essential
- A passion for working with children and encouraging their growth and independence
- Maturity, responsibility, patience and a friendly demeanour
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Canadian citizenship or appropriate work Visa or permit necessary
Please email a PDF of a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by Sunday, Nov. 6, at midnight. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified by Friday, Nov. 11.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Interviews will take place the week of Nov. 14.