FILLED: Job Opportunity – CCEYA Site Supervisor
CCEYA Site Supervisor – Montessori Casa Program
Montessori Academy of London (MA) provides something unique in London: high-quality traditional Montessori education that truly puts the needs of the child first. If you see the potential in every child, and aspire to guide them in developing independence and confidence, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you! Montessori Academy of London seeks an Early Childhood Educator/Montessori-trained Casa Teacher to join our team as a CCEYA Site Supervisor.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working under the CCEYA regulations as well as familiarity with Montessori curriculum and programming, as supporting Casa classrooms (ages 3-6 years) to cover absences, will be a part of the role. You will have oversight of a building with four classrooms.
The ideal candidate has:
- Early Childhood Education diploma and experience in a supervisor role or as a site designate
- Montessori Casa training is preferred, but not necessary
- Food Handlers Certificate, or willing to obtain it
- A passion for working with children and encouraging their growth and independence
- Experience working with children ages 3 through 6 years
- Maturity, responsibility, a friendly demeanor, compassion, patience, and excellent judgement
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage stressful and challenging situations
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening, Medical Examination/Immunization Records, Standard First Aid and CPR C (required)
- Oversight and implementation of all CCEYA regulations for the building, including annual inspections
- Hiring and oversight of occasional staff for yard supervision and extended hours programs
- Liaison to maintain school partnerships with Growing Chefs Ontario and All Kids Belong
- Provide caring, nurturing environment for students ages 3 to 6 years that is in keeping with the Montessori philosophy
- Interact with staff, parents and students in a positive, professional and encouraging manner.
- Cover staff absences where possible
- Work closely with both the Academic Director and Executive Director
- A kind, respectful and inspiring work culture at an internationally renowned school
- Salaries that are competitive with Montessori schools in the area
- Competitive / Full health benefits package, including RRSP-matching Program that aligns with years of service
- 10 Paid sick days per school year
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other staff perks
Email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 7, 2021, to the Attention of Tina Sartori, Executive Director. Anticipated start date is August 30, 2021. No phone calls, please. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and registered not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
Montessori Academy is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment in which everyone’s human rights are respected. It does not discriminate or permit any discrimination on grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
For more information on Montessori Academy of London, visit www.montessori.on.ca
View/Download a PDF version of the posting here: https://montessori.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Site-Supervisor-Posting-April-2021-FINAL.pdf