FILLED: Job Opportunity: Toddler Teacher
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The position has been filled.
JOB POSTING – TODDLER TEACHER
Montessori Academy of London (MA) provides something unique in London: high-quality traditional Montessori education that truly puts the needs of the child first. If you see the potential in every child and aspire to guide them in developing independence and confidence, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you! Montessori Academy of London seeks a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our team. The role will provide support for both Toddler (18 months – 3 years of age) and Casa (3 to 6 years of age) classrooms currently and will move to a focus on teaching in the Toddler classroom for September 2023.
We’re looking for people who have experience working in a Toddler (ages 18 months – 3 years) classroom.
The ideal candidate has:
- Early Childhood Education diploma and experience (required).
- Familiar with implementation of CCEYA regulations within a Montessori context.
- Montessori Toddler and/or Casa training is preferred, but not necessary (co-teacher is Montessori-trained) and further training will be provided for the 2023-24 school year.
- Maturity, compassion, responsibility, patience, and excellent judgement.
- A collaborative spirit and friendly demeanor.
- A genuine love for children at this age, and a true desire to help children fulfill their potential.
- Thorough understanding of the developmental characteristics/needs of the children ages 18 months through three years.
- Confident in parent communication, both verbal and written.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening, Medical Examination/Immunization Records, Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
- Plan, implement and maintain a Toddler classroom to CCMA accreditation standards and CCEYA regulations.
- Record keeping and reporting on developmental progress of students.
- Provide a caring, nurturing environment for students with the Montessori philosophy.
- Support and interact with parents in a positive, professional and encouraging manner.
- Support a pre-school age/Casa classroom from time to time.
- Contribute to school-wide activities and special events.
- A friendly, nurturing work environment.
- A commitment to further developing your skill set through Professional Development opportunities.
- Salaries that are competitive with Montessori schools in the area.
- Administrative support in your role.
- Competitive / Full benefits package, including an Employee Assistance Program
Email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on November 18, 2022 to the Attention of Tina Sartori, Executive Director. Anticipated start date is December 1 or sooner if possible, otherwise Monday, January 9, 2023. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will be conducting interviews as applications are received.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
For more information on Montessori Academy of London, visit www.montessori.on.ca.