Job posting – Classroom Assistant /Kitchen Support Staff
Montessori Academy of London (MA) provides something unique in London: high-quality traditional Montessori education that truly puts the needs of the child first. To support our team of highly qualified Casa (pre-school) staff, MA seeks an Assistant with either RECE or Montessori credentials to support: teachers within the Casa classroom(s),the All Kids Belong (AKB) program and our lunch program. This is a maternity leave contract.
Candidates must have ECE and/or Montessori Assistants diploma and experience working with children 2.8 to 6 years of age; plus Vulnerable Sector Police Screening, Medical Examination/Immunization Records, Standard First Aid and CPR-C. Safe Food Handling Certificate is required; candidates willing to take training before the start date will be considered (and reimbursed for training upon signing of contract).
The ideal candidate has:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Montessori Assistant/Casa training.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate; experience serving, plating food.
- Maturity, responsibility, a friendly demeanor, compassion and patience.
- A passion for working with children and encouraging their growth and independence.
- Experience working with children who have learning differences.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening, Medical Examination/Immunization Records, Standard First Aid and CPR C.
- Provide a caring, nurturing environment for students, ages 2.8 to 6 years, in keeping with the Montessori philosophy and CCEYA requirements.
- Serve, plate food; kitchen cleanup duties.
- Supervise pre-school aged children to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Support our All Kids Belong (AKB) programming:
- Work one-on-one with identified students in the preschool aged classrooms
- Support the teachers with accommodations for the students
- Act as supply staff in classrooms from time to time.
- Interact with parents in a positive, professional and encouraging manner.
- Contribute to school-wide activities and special events.
- A friendly, nurturing work environment.
- A commitment to further developing your skill set through Professional Development opportunities.
- Salaries that are competitive with Montessori schools in the area.
- Competitive / Full benefits package.
Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on November 18, 2020 to the Attention of Tina Sartori, Executive Director. Anticipated start date is Monday, January 4, 2020 with training to occur in December prior to the winter break.This role is covering a maternity leave, therefore it will start as part-time for January and move into full-time by February or potentially sooner. No phone calls, please. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and registered not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
For more information on Montessori Academy of London, visit www.montessori.on.ca