Job posting – Toddler Teacher
Montessori Academy of London (MA) provides something unique in London: high-quality traditional Montessori education that truly puts the needs of the child first. If you see the potential in every child and aspire to guide them in developing independence and confidence, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you! Montessori Academy of London seeks a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our team. This is a one-year contract with the potential to become permanent.
We’re looking for people who have experience working in a Toddler (ages 18 months-3 years) classroom.
The ideal candidate has
- Early Childhood Education diploma and experience (required).
- Familiar with implementation of CCEYA regulations within a Montessori context.
- Montessori Toddler and/or Casa training is preferred, but not necessary (co-teacher is Montessori-trained).
- Maturity, compassion, responsibility, patience, and excellent judgement.
- A collaborative spirit and friendly demeanor.
- A genuine love for children at this age, and a true desire to help children fulfill their potential.
- Thorough understanding of the developmental characteristics/needs of the children ages 18 months through three years.
- Confident in parent communication, both verbal and written.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening, Medical Examination/Immunization Records, Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
- Plan, implement and maintain a Toddler classroom to CCMA accreditation standards and CCEYA regulations.
- Provide a caring, nurturing environment for students with the Montessori philosophy.
- Support and interact with parents in a positive, professional and encouraging manner.
- Support a pre-school age/Casa classroom from time to time.
- Contribute to school-wide activities and special events.
- A friendly, nurturing work environment.
- A commitment to further developing your skill set through Professional Development opportunities.
- Salaries that are competitive with Montessori schools in the area.
- Competitive / Full benefits package.
Email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on November 18, 2020 to the Attention of Tina Sartori, Executive Director. Anticipated start date is Monday, January 4, 2020 with training to occur in December prior to the winter break. No phone calls, please. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
For more information on Montessori Academy of London, visit www.montessori.on.ca.