MA COVID update – Sept. 2, 2021
Dear MA Families,
It’s Thursday, so you know what that means – one more day until the weekend! It also means we have some COVID protocol updates for you…
The Middlesex-London Health Unit released local guidance updates for London school’s this morning. Some of the changes we already decided to implement, so what you will read below are only the new changes that impact us. We are in the process of updating our Parent COVID guides and the revised documents will be posted shortly; updated documents will have the date noted on them.
- Masks are now required for students who fall into the JK and SK age categories in our Casa classes – intermediate and senior Casa students.
- Staff must wear masks outdoors, as well as parents for drop-off and pick-up.
- No indoor assemblies.
Inter-School Sports and Activities – Junior High Families
- If eligible, all participants should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High-contact and/or high-intensity physical activities permitted outdoors only.
- Low-contact activities are permitted indoors, with masks and physical distancing encouraged. Masks are required if physical distancing is not maintained.
Extra-curricular activities – Field Trips
- Masks must be worn on buses.
- Masks required outdoors if physical distancing between cohorts is not maintained, including outdoor sports where masks can be safely worn.
Reminder: Daily Screening required starting Tuesday
Finally, on Tuesday you will start to receive daily text messages from us reminding you to self-screen your children and record the results on the classroom Google Form. The links to the screening results forms for each classroom can be found on the MA Parent Portal’s COVID 19 Information Resource Board.
Enjoy the final long weekend of the summer! We are bursting with excitement to get this school year underway – see you Tuesday! 🙂