FILLED — Maintenance Staff – full-time position 2022
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR SCHOOL, THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Montessori Academy of London (MA) seeks an experienced, professional, maintenance worker for a hands-on day position performing all necessary repairs and maintenance to multiple school buildings and properties, including several updated century homes. MA supports 330 students ranging from 18 months through 14 years of age.
This position requires working knowledge and experience in basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills, with detailed workmanship.
- 5-7 years of experience with property maintenance
- Working knowledge of general building maintenance and repair (electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, HVAC, fire alarms, security systems, etc.)
- Familiarity with tools of the trade
- Ability to rank and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Available to work evening or weekends, and be on call afterhours
- Valid driver’s license
- Resident to London, Ontario
- Recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check (within 6 months)
- Proof of vaccination
- Review daily work requests with Facilities or Property Manager
- Recognize, prioritize and service deficiencies or repairs as required
- Perform all small repairs that do not require specialized trades
- Perform routine maintenance checks on HVAC, Air Conditioning, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Support work with trades if necessary
- Perform preventive maintenance within buildings and properties
- Respond to urgent calls in a timely manner
- Present yourself in a professional manner for a school environment
- Ability to work independently or as team member
- Ability to maintain an organized, clean, safe working environment
Please express interest by submitting a covering letter with resume detailing interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. Interviews will be conducted ongoing with the anticipated start date to be mid- to late-August. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently funded school and not-for-profit registered charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school, and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
Montessori Academy is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment in which everyone’s human rights are respected. It does not discriminate or permit any discrimination on grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.