Dear MA Families & Friends,
Reminder: New-Parent Orientation sessions 2019
Orientation sessions for parents of new students and students who have moved up a level are this week and take place in your child’s new classroom! No need to RSVP.
- New Toddler Parent Session Monday, Aug. 26 3:30-4:30 pm
- New Casa Parent Session Tuesday, Aug. 27 3:30-4:30 pm
- Year 4 & New Upper El Parent Session Wednesday, Aug. 28 3:30-4:30 pm
- Year 1 & New Lower El Parent Session Thursday, Aug. 29 8:30-9:30 am
- Year 7 Parent Session Thursday, Aug. 29 – 3:30-5 pm
FYI: Office Hours
1) The school’s office will close early today, Friday, Aug. 23, at 11 am
2) Regular office hours resume Monday, Aug. 26: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
3) The school will be closed on Friday, Aug. 30 through the Labour Day holiday on Monday.
4) We’ll see everyone on the first day of school – Tuesday, Sept. 3!
FYI: Fibre optic line installation – potential delays downtown
The city is upgrading our infrastructure with fibre optic lines which may cause delays over the next few weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may create during the first week of school; we hope the work is done quickly.
Reminder: End of Summer Social is on Tuesday!
Join us for a fun-filled afternoon as we celebrate the end of summer! We have a lot of fun planned in the lot of Junior High (742 Waterloo Street), in the Elementary Courtyard behind 711 Waterloo Street, and Piccadilly Park!
At Junior High:
In the Elementary Courtyard:
- Montessori Academy swag, and snacks
- The Big Splash*, Bouncy castle*, Giant Snakes & Ladders*, Giant Bullseye*, Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4 and ring toss. Prizes to be won for Snakes & Ladders, Ring Toss and Bullseye.
- Lindsey Cherrett Face Painting*
At Piccadilly Park:
- Bubble Zone
- All sorts of fun activities: bocce, horseshoes, hula hooping, badminton and more!
* these activities require a ticket (or 2) to participate. Visit the Montessori Academy tent to purchase. Each ticket is $1 each. Proceeds go to fundraising for the school.
Come out and join your fellow MA families and the neighbouring community for one last hoorah before school starts!
- Tuesday, August 27
- 4:30 – 7:00 pm
- 711 & 742 Waterloo Street and Piccadilly Park
Also: In an effort to reduce waste, please bring a refillable water bottle for the outdoor fountain. Food trucks and snack table will have some beverages for sale also.
This event is open to everyone – bring your families and friends!! Street parking is available around the school and we’ve arranged to use the lot at Trinity Lutheran Church at 746 Colborne Street (SE corner of Oxford).
Junior High and Westmount renovations…
Summer is construction season. There has been a lot of work on our facilities, both downtown at Junior High, and at Westmount. Check out these transformations!
Westmount’s new steps and poured concrete walkway:
Junior High’s massive makeover:
From the community
Upcoming events from our good friends at Growing Chefs! Ontario in their August newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/cb530c75b871/october-2017-newsletter-3503637?e=3d90a74239