|Dear MA Families & Friends,
Family & Friends Event is Thursday
Join us Thursday for this school-wide event that starts at 4 p.m. The weather forecast is looking good – mix of sun and cloud; high of 22C (feels like 24C). There is no Extended Hours programming so that all of our staff can attend this event.
Family & Friends Event snacks: We ask for families to bring enough of the following snacks and beverages to serve about 12 people:
- Toddler, Waterloo Casa and Westmount – Washed and sliced vegetables
- Oxford – washed and sliced fruit
- Elementary /JH – drinks (no pop, please!)
FYI: there are several water fountains at Storybook, so if you prefer to bring refillable water bottles/containers for your family. (Leftover snacks and drinks will be shared with students for hot lunch on the Friday.)
As always, thank you for being supportive members of our community and this fun school-wide social!
Artisan Bazaar and Media Swap is Saturday!
We are looking forward to a wonderful Artisan Bazaar at Junior High on Saturday, June 8! Come join us from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at 742 Waterloo Street for some great finds and friends.
- More than 20 vendors on the main and 2nd floor of Junior High.
- Media Swap in the lower level – bring your old DVDs, CDs, books etc to trade or buy a ticket to get some new-to-you finds!
- Junior High Art Room bursting with our students and their own goods on sale – please enter around side of Art Room.
- Ivan Pablano Fine Mexican food truck
- Iced coffee provided from Locomotive Espresso and lemonade prepared by Junior High on sale out front
- Door prizes valued at over $100 each! (Collection of items from our vendors)
- NEW! Silent auction items including: cosmetics, wine, art and storage solutions!
The $2 suggested donation at the door will benefit Junior High kitchen upgrades.
**Vendors will be responsible for payment methods. While some may have mobile interact/credit card options it is advised that you bring cash.
Park on Piccadilly, Wellington, or behind Oxford Casa. Please direct any questions/concerns to Melissa Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE Water Event on Friday
Our WE group will host events on Friday. The students in all levels of the school will learn about the benefits and need for clean water, and participate in activities that raise awareness and understanding. This is a Charitable Giving event, so if you have a spare loonie or toonie to donate to this fundraiser, the WE group would gratefully accept it. Thank you for your support of all of our Charitable Giving events throughout the school year!
Staff versus student basketball game
A great battle was waged yesterday – some of our students took on the MA Teachers (and yard staff). Everyone played their best. In the end, the teachers were victorious, winning 63-48. Congrats to all!
Westmount Toddler family gathering
Last Thursday the Toddlers at our Westmount location celebrated Family Day with their parents. They enjoyed croissants and muffins for breakfast, played games and teamed up for a scavenger hunt! They finished off the morning with a parent-child dance.
From the community
Kids first day is Friday, June 7
Learn more about this initiative and activities happening this Friday on the Investing in Children website: http://investinginchildren.on.ca/kids-first-day
Day Camp for last week of June at Children’s Museum
The last day of school is Friday, June 21. If you require care the week of June 24, the Children’s Museum is offering “Buggin’ Out” for students ages 4-12.
Growing Chefs – Upcoming Events
Check out some events for adults and kids hosted by our good friends at Growing Chefs! Ontario.