Montessori Buzz – March 29, 2022
Dear MA Families & Friends,
Updates from Tina
I have a bunch of items to share with you and thought some short and sweet bullets would do the trick for all the scanners out there!
- Monday, April 4
- Although our continued masking requests ends on this date, anyone is welcomed to continue wearing them. COVID continues to be in the school community.
- Cohorts will be able to mix in different scenarios such as playtime, as well as Early and Extended Hours.
- Elementary entry and exit points will remain in place.
- Rapid Tests Available
- We have tests available at our Oxford, Waterloo and Westmount locations for the Toddler and Casa students, if your child is symptomatic and you would like a test kit. Please reach out to the Site Supervisors (Mary-Ann at Oxford, Lesley at Waterloo and Lisa at Westmount) if you would like a kit sent home or to pick one up.
- For Years 1 to 8, please contact Tameka at the front desk if you wish to pick up a kit. These kits include two tests and need to be made ahead of time, so we request advanced notice if you require them.
- The Ontario COVID-19 Science Advisory Table has updated the recommendations for how to complete an oral/nasal swab used for rapid antigen testing. This is an optional swabbing approach. Directions on how to collect a sample can be found here: https://www.ontariohealth.ca/sites/ontariohealth/files/2022-02/COVID-19RapidAntigenTests-HowtoCollectaSample.pdf
- You may also reference this how-to video for a nasal swab: https://youtu.be/EWSFJ1JoUd0
- Federal Child Care Plan – impacts to Toddler and Casa
- The province secured a deal yesterday, however we have not yet received all the details of the new Canada-Wide Early Learning Child Care System. We do not yet understand how this potentially impacts our programs and how it will unfold over the next five years. As always, when I know more and have information to share, it will be included in the Buzz.
I know the snowfall yesterday was disappointing, but it wouldn’t be spring in southwestern Ontario without at least one more dump of snow! I am sure more spring-like weather is just around the corner and it will put a little more pep in everyone’s step. We all need it!
Interim reports available this Friday
Interim Progress Reports for students from Casa through to Year 6 will be available this Friday, April 1 at 3 pm in the MA Parent Portal. To access your child’s Interim Report in the MA Parent Portal:
- Login to the MA Parent Portal – https://montessori.myschoolapp.com/app#login
- Select your child’s name in the top left corner.
- Under the Progress tab, click the Report Card link and select “Interim Progress Report”
We will send an email on Friday when the Reports are live with this link to view the reports.
Golf For Education: Golf Tournament tickets are on sale now!
Presented by Scholars Education
In Support of Montessori Academy of London
We are thrilled to have this opportunity for the grownups in our MA Community to get together! And what better way than a day on the green! Join us for Montessori Academy of London’s first Golf Tournament! All proceeds from this tournament will support our school’s library project.
- Date: June 1, 2022
- Location: Firerock Golf Club, 10345 Oxbow Dr, Komoka, ON N0L 1R0
- Time: 8am to 4pm (Cocktail Reception from 2pm to 4pm)
- Individual Ticket: $200
For more information and to purchase your tickets please visit https://Montessori.on.ca/golf/
There are still Golf Tournament sponsorship opportunities available!
Excited for golf season and the chance to network with Montessori parents and other London professionals? Check out our sponsorship guide (PDF). For more information about sponsorship opportunities please contact Tonya Dendrinos, Development Director at email@example.com or 519-433-9121 ext. 233.
Last Chance to Order for the Spring Edition of What’s for Dinner
Order deadline is tomorrow! Don’t miss out on the delicious Spring-themed Carrot cake, Egg Shaped Cookie Kit, and wholesome meals the family will love. Get your order in today before it’s too late. What’s for Dinner is a unique initiative that benefits both Montessori Academy of London and Growing Chefs Ontario, while providing families with convenient, healthy meals.
The Pick Up Date is Thursday, April 14, 2022. Order online today! https://montessori.on.ca/whats-for-dinner/
Photos from the week
Our CHF Event grand total!
The accounting is done and WOW! We did something MA-zing on Beach Day/Jersey! Together, we raised $1,639.85 for Children’s Health Foundation. Thank you to all of the parents, staff and students who donated loose change for this fun event that kicked off our March Break.
Toddler Practical Life activities
The children in Toddler have been busy with their practical life activities! Practical life skills are an important part of the Toddler program. Children of this age have a natural desire to imitate the adults around them. Toddlers strive for independence and naturally love order and organization. Activities are carefully selected and prepared to be home-like, reflecting the activities of the adults they observe.
Casa 1 work and growth!
Spring has sprung in Casa 1. After March break the growth of the children is always evident!! Taller children, eagerness to learn and deep concentration are flourishing!
Casa 3 culture lesson
The students are learning about different homes and building their own African rondavels!
Senior Boys Basketball
From the community
FYI: Children’s vaccination clinic – Superhero Day is Saturday
Mark your calendars! It’s SUPERHERO DAY at the Agriplex on Saturday, April 2. Our famous superheroes are back again and ready to cheer you on. Roll up those sleeves and help protect our community one vaccine at a time. Our friends from a galaxy far, far away (The Rebel Legion – International Star Wars costuming organization), will be there and many more. Come dressed as your favourite superhero and join in on the fun.
- Saturday, April 2 from 11AM to 6PM (Walk in, no appointment needed)
- Western Fair District Agriplex (45 Florence St., London, ON)
Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s Astronomy Night with Cronyn Observatory
Join us on Friday, April 29, 2022, as we partner with Hume Cronyn Memorial Observatory for an evening of discovery as we learn about the night sky and enjoy stargazing with antique telescopes. Enjoy presentations on local astronomical history and talk with real astronomers for this evening event!
Find more information on the FPV website: https://www.fanshawepioneervillage.ca/events/astronomy-night