As an independently funded school with not-for-profit charity status, we rely on gifts from our families, friends and community partners. Whether you volunteer at a school event, share your expertise in the classroom or donate to our Annual Appeal, each gift supports something unique in London: traditional Montessori education. We are grateful for each and every gift, no matter what size it is or shape it comes in.
Thank you to the individuals and corporations that help Montessori Academy of London achieve our fundraising goals each year.
“Within the child lies the fate of the future” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori
There is no greater resource to invest in, that will impact our world greater, than a child’s education. Due to lack of government funding for independent schools, ever-increasing costs, and regulations affecting our programs, we must diversify our revenue sources through increased fund development.
Our school needs the support of our families, the business community, foundations and other charitable organizations to address the growing gap between tuition and the expense of delivering high-quality, traditional Montessori education to families in and around London.
Your investment in our school helps to ensure future families can provide their children something special – an education that promotes academic excellence and prepares children and young adults to engage in the world as active citizens and successful leaders.
If you would like to read more about how your gifts impact the school, read Our Case for Support (2018)
How you can give
1. SUPPORT OUR FUNDRAISING INITIATIVES
Tuition covers more than 95% of the school’s day-to-day operational expenses. However, we need your support to continue to invest in program enhancements, faculty development, learning environments and facilities, and other strategic initiatives to give our students the best possible education.
Types of gifts
- Donations – Monetary gifts can be donated securely online or at the office.
- Sponsorship – Support of our special events, such as our ARTexpo, musical performances and fundraisers.
- Gifts in Kind – Team uniforms, classroom material, kitchen equipment, and professional skills and services, etc. Please contact the Development Director for guidance on gifts of this nature.
- Legacy Giving – Major gifts to the school are a part of a donor’s estate planning, such as a bequest in a will.
How your gifts are used
Donations and gifts made to the school support the priorities outlined in our Strategic Plan:
- Programs (Priority #1 Educating Students, Fostering Citizens) – The prepared environment of the Montessori classroom places emphasis on the use of carefully designed, specialized materials for each classroom.
- Financial Support (Priority #2 Supporting Our Families) –The Ann Marie Harding Financial Support Program was created to offer families who are committed to Montessori education but who require support to stay in the program at the elementary level.
- Faculty Development (Priority #3 Investing in Faulty and Staff) – We attract and retain many of the best and most qualified teachers in the area through professional development opportunities that benefit the entire school.
- Capital Improvements (Priority #4 Preparing the Environment) – Maintenance of our beautiful old buildings as well as accessibility and environmental upgrades make our school a safe and welcoming place for everyone.
- Special Projects (Priorities #1 & #4) – Our outdoor spaces at all our locations are examples of how special projects enhance the quality of the education our students experience.
- Graduating Class Gift (Priorities #1 & #2) – Each year, we choose an area of the school or programming requiring the most attention as a tribute from our Junior High graduates.
2. CHARITABLE GIVING
Montessori Academy participates in a charitable giving program that encourages the students to support local charities (Children’s Health Foundation, London Food Bank, Merrymount Children’s Centre) and international organizations (ME to WE) that directly support children. Every effort is made to make these activities meaningful, educational, and to develop a sense of responsibility and appreciation on the part of the student.
4. VOLUNTEER AT THE SCHOOL
We are truly grateful for the time, energy and enthusiasm that our Parent Volunteers give as active members of Montessori Academy. Gifts of your time and expertise is invaluable to our students – and entire school community. Learn more about how you can volunteer at our Volunteer Opportunities page.